Sunday, August 26, 2007

Textbooks and Other Woes

Hmph. So, apparently because Mike had some sort of pissing contest with the bookshop, they erroneously listed two books as Required for his course, even though said books are not even on the reading list, just on the "extra reading" list. Grrr. AND I was all happy that I already had Carnie so I could save some money there, but it turns out that they're using the 2nd edition, and there are some pretty non-trivial differences, so I'm going to have to upgrade. Bugger. Oh well, I suppose I can probably get a refund on the first two books, at least, and that should cancel out having to buy another Carnie... :-/

And to make matters worse, the Graduate College have said they definitely can't pay me my fellowship until I get my Social Security Number - which will take approximately another month! I'm a bit worried, because that also holds for them paying my Health Insurance, and I'm pretty sure that has to be paid by Sept 4, so... ?

Bah, humbug. Money sucks.

Trying to be very virtuous today and get lots of work done, because Saturday was something of a write-off after getting very drunk with a lot of philosophers on Friday night. Hence, I am spending a lot of time on Facebook... Hm. Think my strategy might need revising! ;-)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yeah, I'm trying to find some of my textbooks on Amazon, hopefully they'll be a bit cheaper. I really don't have many to get, but hey, I'm a tight arse ;-) Good luck with the Social Security Number!!