well, so i needn't have worried about a halloween costume this year. it's all decided for me - zombie. got a head start and everything.
went out to get lunch. walking back, started to cross street (at corner, all proper). checked out position of cars, saw that other pedestrians were in the street too and stepped off curb.
unfortunately, didn't see bike coming down the side of the traffic, and he was NOT slowed down for the intersection. we exchanged horrified, helpless glances right before he mowed into me. then he fell off his bike and onto me. and I faceplanted into the asphalt.
i bled quite spectacularly from my nose. i think i'm still splattered on the sidewalk, to be honest! the bike dude and some girls who were crossing the other way helped me out of the street and onto a chair and gave me tissues and water, picked up my scattered belongings. i called my friend and when she came to get me i knew i must've looked pretty frightful. i was certainly bloody.
so, i'm ok, just banged up. shirt is ruined. both knees skinned, one elbow and opposite wrist/heel of hand. and scraped my chin, forehead, and have cuts on bridge of my nose. lucky i was wearing jeans and long sleeves (hooray for cooler weather).
home now. have ice, drugs. am told will hurt more tomorrow, and may have two black eyes... i hope so! i damn well want to look as beat-up as i feel! gotta milk the sympathy for all its worth. ;-)
but now, at least, i get to sit in bed and watch tv for a few hours without guilt. i deserve a few hours off today.
happy full moon i guess!
6 comments:
How are you feeling now chickadee? hey and when is the election US?
Laena
Hey - I'm pretty good, just a few remaining scuff marks on knees and elbows. The cut on my nose is healing up, can barely see it any more. I was much less decorative than was predicted.
The election is on Nov 4, I think. It's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement here! I watched the third presidential debate, and yelled at the TV and so on. ;-)
What're you up to?
Lady Alex, that sounds horrifying! You poor thing! I hope you were able to use your wounds to be more menacing to the kiddies you TA ;-)
Alas, I didn't get the promised black eyes, and it was almost a week before I saw the kiddies... but I did have a bandaged nose and elbow, so maybe. I used it as an opportunity to snarl at my kids about bike safety on campus. Honestly, the number of people who ride on the sidewalks! I yelled at a few while I was still bandaged enough to not just look like an unjustifiably ranty crazy person... ;-p
Hi Alex!
I just dropped by your blog to see if you'd posted anything, and I found this!
I'm sure you got the sympathy you deserved at the time - I hope so!
Are you going to start blogging regularly? (I guess not since this post was a month ago now...)
Hey Lara - yeah, sorry, I periodically have grand plans for getting back into regular blogging, but life keeps interfering - its pesky like that! One of these days, I swear... ;-)
Thanks, yes I did get sympathy, but sadly was not as bruised and battered looking as was anticipated, so I didn't really get to milk it as much as I would've liked! If I'd got the 2 black eyes I was promised, I totally would've facebooked pictures. ;-)
Post a Comment