Rambling because I'm too tired to function properly, but if I try to take a nap in the hour before my next classe, I'll probably miss it altogether. So, probably not a good time to be committing my muddled thoughts to blogospheric immortality, but what the hell.
I had Logic this morning. We talked about auto-segmental phonology and mereology. This is not a good thing to try to deal with on 3 hours of sleep. I did have one profound insight this morning though... Mike says the phrase "pedagogical tool" almost every class. His next most-comoon phrase? "Raving gibberish".
Coincidence? I think not...
I miss 50 minute lectures... but only in Logic. 1hr 15 is a bit much there. Syntax, still the bright spot of my week, can go on as long as it wants, and I'm usually happy. Logic, however, by a combination of being very early in tbe morning and, well, LOGIC, gets to be a bit much, and those last 25 minutes usually involve me staring at the clock a lot, trying to do a Hiro and make the hands move with the power of my mind.
Except that he made the hands move backwards, and that would NOT be my plan... but you get the point.
Or do you? Who watches Heroes?
This is not to say that Logic is not a fun class, by the way! Just early. And long. And mind-bendy.
Ok, I think maybe I will just lie down for 5 minutes. Maybe set the alarm on my phone in case I fall asleep...
4 comments:
I almost took intro to logic in first year. I couldn’t in the end because I had to pick up an extra journalism subject. I think my journalism lecturer could have benefited from logic classes, come to think of it. I also think he used to do a Hiro and wind the clock back, because his lectures definitely went for longer than2 hours, but I could never prove it…
I dunno, I'm not convinced that there's a whole lot of logic in my logic classes!
I have had many a class where the lecturer had the power to stop time, though... the one that comes most to mind was a class in comparative philosophy - east vs west. Students dropped like comatose flies in that class.
New ep of Heroes was on here last night. So far so good...
Ack! Wants!!!
Luckily, Bob is sending me a care package... ;-D
Post a Comment