Sorry for the lack of blogging, things have gotten abruptly busy around here. Hopefully it'll get a little more back to normal by the end of this week, because I'm tired already!
The lack of TV was probably a good thing this week, given my workload, but it's a bit sad too because all these shows have just started coming back. Season two of Dexter premiered last night! Next year, I am definitely getting a tv... There is one glimmer of brightness, however. Because I'm now in the US, I can watch already-aired episodes of The Office on their website, as well as deleted scenes and things like that!
Ok, I need to go the library and spend the rest of today frantically scraping something together about the physiology of [voice] and [spread glottis], and then hope Heidi has some helpful comments about syntactic ergativity so I can get my presentation sorted, and somewhere in there I have a pile of readings which will be gotten to... sometime. Ugh.
I expect you all to drink a nice strong coffee on my behalf and psychically project energy, clarity and focus to me, alright? Alright.
8 comments:
Alas my dear, I have no energy, clarity or focus to project! But I will have a strong coffee on your behalf.
BTW if you want an interesting look at syntactic ergativity vs accusativity have a look at:
Foley, W. A. and R. D. Van Valin (1985). Information packaging in the clause. Language typology and syntactic description. T. Shopen. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press. 1 Clause structure: 282 – 364.
Wow, you know you're the best source finder I could have - I'll never have to do my own research again! Bwahahaha!!
Thanks petal! Hope all is well down there in dissertator's land. ;-)
I've sent you all the Energy I had left, and I'm now regretting it. as for Clarity and Focus; you're kidding right?
Well, I appreciate your sacrifice, Garry, thank you!
Now I was serious about that strong coffee, it may help you recover some energy.
Green Barley Grass - detoxes & energises! xxx
Green Barley grass, hey? I might have to take a trip out to Wild Oats - it's the only place I know of that might have that kind of things around here!
That's really cool about The Office! I can't stand the UK one (Ricky Gervais is just too scary) but I really enjoy the US one. I guess it's more sitcom-y. I have no idea what Dexter is. :-/
Really? Dexter is fantastic. It's a Showtime series, usually has a short season (12 episodes last year) and the POV character is your friendly, neighbourhood serial killer, who works by day as a forensic blood guy with the Miami PD... I highly recommend it! It's incredibly fun and twisted! ;-)
(And just between us, I kinda prefer the US Office too...)
Post a Comment