Monday, September 24, 2007

Deadlines aloomin'...

Well, it's starting to get busy. This week I have to present a phonetics paper with one of my phonology groups, over the course of both lecture periods, and do a paper on "any phonetic aspect" of German with my OTHER phonology group... plus prepare my syntax presentation on Ergativity (at least that's something I can kind of look forward to!) and I have another Logic homework - which is getting increasingly incomprehensible. Not that it was that transparent to start with... Oh well. On the upside, no more oral stuff after this, and at least I don't have to sit exams?

And oh shit! I totally forgot that am supposed to have written some bloody report on last friday's colloquium for Simin today! Damnit - it was 3 presentations on computational linguistics, it totally went over my head, I have no idea what I'm supposed to write... Crap!!!

Missed beer with Linguists on Friday night in favour of meeting up with the international kids. There was a lot of Coopers involved, and later, a party with a lot of anthropologists wearing moustaches. Very strange. And on Sunday afternoon I had pancakes with Jelena and Luciano - mostly because we were all starting to get a bit cabin-fevery by the end of the weekend, spent mostly chained to our desks. We had fun making pancakes, complaining about american coffee, and commiserating with each other about how misunderstood our various disciplines are, and how unlikely it was that we would ever make any money. ;-)

No comments: