Oops, couple of points I forgot to mention:
Tom Bever intimated that Maryland had a reputation for being the "cowboys" of student recruitment (he says they have a "we'll offer you a place if you say you'll take it" attitude) so that certainly explains some of the weirdness from earlier in the year.
Also - LingCircle meeting! It was a little strange, but I'm sure I'll get used to things. My student mentor is they guy who seems to be running the Circle meetings etc at the moment, and who I emailed before I got here. Seems nice enough, but a bit of a "don't bother busy me, pesky newbie!" vibe. Oh well. Apparently they're starting a by-students-for-students conference, to premiere this Oct. Should be interesting. And there's going to be a picnic on Friday week, so I am going to have to hustle to gather some baking stuff. I may have to order golden syrup from a specialty market, which is a bit of a hassle, but I refuse to use corn syrup.
I can get King Island Roaring Forties! Ok, it's got to be ordered from Phoenix, and they're out of stock right now, but - yay!
I am being horribly tempted by jade green Converse on Amazon. Wants!
Ok, shutting up now, I promise. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment