I am sick. Bloody hell - the first sniff of cooler weather and look what happens! Bit miserable. I am missing class for the first time in my postgrad career today - woe! AND it's happy fun syntax! And I had a homework assignment due on constituent order in Tongan commpared to Niuean - which looks a bit tricky, but it shouldn't be that difficult, it's just that I have about a 30second concentration span, and every time I think of something and go to write it down, I forget where I was going with it... Sigh. I emailed Heidi to explain why I was missing class and asked if I could email it in tomorrow instead - she said I could have 'til Monday! Bless her. She might be my favourite person in the world right now.
In other, more exciting news, talked to Andrew about the ergativity paper yesterday, and that sounds fun and exciting. I will be dealing with all the Australian stuff, obviously - antipassives, and also Dyirbal and the syntactic vs morphological ergativity stuff. (That last bit is a little scary!)
Oh damn it, and I'm basically out of food... I have some ravioli, but it's not exactly what you feel like when you're sick. Luckily Jelena just brought me juice and soup - Aw! Guess who's my OTHER favourite person right now?
Right. It's definitely time for a nap. I still need to look for appropriate references for the Aust ergativity stuff, and keep working on the Tongan... two weeks til' the end of semester, but who's counting?? ;-p
3 comments:
Curses! It seems I have been knocked off Lex’s favourite people list. Ah well, it was never going to last…
I seem to be getting fluey as well. It’s weird… I’m fine in my flat but the moment I get to work I start sneezing uncontrollably. I think I’m allergic to my computer.
I hope you feel better soon.
Not to worry Gaz, you retain your permanent position in my top ten! ;-)
Are you sure you're not allergic to your coworkers?
Have you seen Roger yet?
Post a Comment